It’s so easy for us to get caught up in our day to day grind that we forget to look up at the night sky, to the moon. Or even go outside at night because were so exhausted and just want to go straight to bed. In the 21st century its so easy to get caught up looking at our phones checking out memes and Instagram videos. What are we really accomplishing by distracting ourselves? I use the excuse “I’m getting inspired” to continue my bad habit of wasting time on social media sites, and honestly aspiration is so vital to our inspiration. Without aspiring to achieve goals (or even set them) what are we doing with the inspiration that comes to us?
I write this post on behalf of the Auric Medicine sisters as well as a reminder to myself to get outside and look to the moon for inspiration. When we continually look to other external forces for inspiration via technology, we are cutting ourselves off from the spirit of nature and the vitality of ourselves.
What if, on every new and full moon we go outside (just to start with the biggest flux’s of moon energy) and sit with ourselves? We leave the phones inside, and focus on our hearts, we pay attention to what comes up in our minds, and we give ourselves some much needed self love. Imagine what can come into our lives if we work with the moon cycles to manifest our aspirations? If we work with nature and draw inspiration from the timeless beauty around us?
Here are a few ways you can work with the full moon energies to manifest your dreams:
- Spend time imagining your goals and writing them down on paper.
- make a vision or “manifestation board.”
(To do this, place pictures and words of your goals on a cork or poster board and place it where you can see it every day.)
- You can also connect with other like-minded friends to meditate in a group with everyone focused on a unified intention.
- you can set an intention in a seed and plant it, everytime you water the seed you water your dream.
Here are a few ways you can work with the new moon energies to help clear unwanted energy:
- Write down aspects of yourself you want to release that no longer serve your higher purpose and burn them with a red candle. Red symbolizes the root chakra.
- Connect with the moon through breathing and imagine the moon light washing over you to cleanse your aura and rejuvenate you
- connect with other women in your community and open a discussion about whats been going on in your life to help bring situations to clarity and release the energy
- spend time with people who value you and uplift you
These are just a few ritualistic examples of how you can work with the moon in an intentional way. The biggest purpose of this article is to inspire more time with nature and with self. A lot of us tend to lack the feeling of purpose and belonging, I honestly believe one of the biggest contributing factors to these feelings is the amount of time we spend looking at other peoples lives and comparing our own story to theirs. We need to love ourselves more and honor our own path and detach from being overly critical to ourselves. Step outside and breathe deeply the nectar of nature into your heart and give gratitude for your life and for the possibilities you have as an awakened human.
Infinite love & Gratitude!